Get Your Fit to Fly Certificate at South Melbourne Medical Hub
Are you travelling abroad and require proof that you’re fit to fly? There are a few countries and airlines that now require a COVID-19 negative test result and a Fit to Fly certificate for all travel from Melbourne, to show that you’re free from the virus.
South Melbourne Medical Hub can conduct your Fit to Fly Covidtestin Melbourneand issue a Certificate in time for your departure.
There is a $160+GST fee for the test and there is no Medicare rebate. However, our turnaround time is rapid and results are provided within 24 – 36 hours of the swab being administered.
Do I need to produce a COVID-19 negative test to fly abroad from Australia?
For people wanting to travel abroad from Australia, after securing a valid exemption from the Department of Home Affairs or overseas citizens who are planning to return to their home country, your airlines or point of entry may require a COVID-19 Fit to Fly Certificate from a certified testing centre, such as South Melbourne Medical Hub. This is a certificate showing you have recently tested negative for the COVID-19 virus and fit to fly.
How do I get my Covid-19 Fit to Fly Certificate with South Melbourne Medical Hub?
- Schedule a 15-minutes appointment with our Practice Nurse by calling or by making a booking here.
- Please wear a mask on the day of your appointment and be waited at the front of the practice for our Practice Nurse to greet you.
- Have your temperature checked at reception.
- Answer the screening questions.
- Our Practice Nurse will undertake the COVID-19 swab.
- Settle account at reception and you can go home.
- Expect your results within 24 – 48 hours, although this may vary depending on Victorian testing volumes at the time. A certificate will be issued and a copy of the results attached and emailed to you.
What is a PCR Test?
The throat and nasal swab PCR test for COVID-19 is considered the most accurate and reliable test for diagnosing the COVID-19 virus. The PCR method is considered the ‘gold standard’ of COVID-19 testing by the Australian Health Department.
In case you test positive, it means you’re likely to have COVID-19. A negative result means you’re likely free from the virus.
How accurate is the PCR Test?
PCR test aims to confirm or rule out the COVID-19 virus in people with or without symptoms. The test is the most accurate one yet at 99% accuracy with the correct sampling technique.