Currently, there is a travel ban for Australians and Australian residents for travel to China. In case you’re permitted to travel with an exemption by the Government, you’ll be required to show a negative COVID test result before travel to China.
There are multiple tests required within short timeframes, and they are subjected to change at short notices.
Do I need to show a negative COVID-19 test before travelling to China?
As of 27th April, 2021, Chinese nationals and/or foreign citizens including Australians are required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and IgM antibody test 2 days before your departure.
Can I undertake both the PCR and IgM Antibody test at South Melbourne Medical Hub?
At South Melbourne Medical Hub, we can conduct both the Covid 19 tests for travel to China, including the PCR and IgM Antibody Tests and provide you with an official fit to fly certificate before your travel.
How to get my COVID-19 testing for travelling to China?
It’s easy to get your travel certificates with us, just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 – Schedule a 15-minutes appointment with our Practice Nurse by calling or by making a booking here.
- Step 2 – Arrive at our clinic and wait at the front of the practice for our Practice Nurse to greet you in full PPE. Don’t forget to wear a mask.
- Step 3 – Have your temperature checked at reception.
- Step 4 – Our Practice nurse will be asking few screening questions followed by the COVID-19 swab test
- Step 5 – Settle your account at reception, and you can go home.
- Step 6 – Schedule a Telehealth consultation with the practice nurse in 2 days time for your results.
What are the fees for the testing?
- The total cost for both tests at our clinic is $240+GST – there is no Medicare rebate for these tests
- Weekend travel requiring results/certificate on weekend, additional $40+GST fee
- Weekend tests $280+GST
What is the PCR COVID-19 test?
The PCR or Polymerase Chain Reaction test is used to diagnose people if they’re infected by the coronavirus, and is one of the key Covid tests needed before travel to China.
Often called the nose swab test, it is considered the “gold standard” test for its near-perfect accuracy and reliability.
What is the IgM Antibody test?
The IgM Antibody test is a blood test designed to detect IgG antibodies specific to the protein of coronavirus. Immunoglobulin tests are used to decipher whether a patient has had a specific infection. In the case of COVID-19, it is used to test whether somebody has been infected with the virus.
Where can I get the latest updates on travel requirements to China?
For the latest information on travel restrictions and requirements, visit the Chinese Embassy in Australia’s website.